Welcome to the St Davids Peninsula Great Big Green Week!
From Saturday 18th to Sunday 26th September, communities across the country will join together for The Great Big Green Week. Organised by The Climate Coalition and led in Wales by Climate Cymru, it will be the biggest event for climate and nature ever in the UK, and everyone’s invited! In order to celebrate local action and activities, as well as encourage more people in the peninsula to be involved, EcoDewi is coordinating the St Davids Peninsula Great Big Green Week as part of the wider campaign. And we’d love you to be involved!
WHAT EVENTS COULD THERE BE?
Across the UK events will range from art installations to live music, from school assemblies to beach cleans, film screenings to climate cafes, from environmental talks to community picnics, and everything in between; hosted by teachers, farmers, sport clubs, artists, community groups, places of worship, businesses and community councils, anyone who cares about climate change.
Great Big Green Week community hubs, like ours, will celebrate local activity, raise the profile of climate change and show why it is relevant to your community and local decision makers.
National organisations, institutions, businesses and media outlets will join in, getting more people involved up and down the country, and putting pressure on the UK Government to up its game on climate change. Climate Cymru will be visiting Pembrokeshire and hopefully will attend one of our events in the peninsula. We are currently planning what events can happen locally and we’d love your help please.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We would like to offer locals & visitors a week full of activities and events to highlight all the great stuff happening locally and also reach as many people as possible to seek their support tackling climate change. We would love your organisation to be involved and below are a few ideas of how you may be able to help:
- Be a PARTNER – Be a St Davids Peninsula Great Big Green Week partner by:
- Organising an event or activity during the week that we include in our programme of events; see list of ideas further below. It might be something already planned and an existing activity or it could be a special new one-off event.
- Giving a talk/presentation or leading a discussion at one of our events about your organisation, one of your projects, local issue or about climate action. We hope to have a couple of talks events with a range of speakers.
- Joining a the “EcoDewi takeover” pop-up market with a stand or stall promoting your environmental work or selling eco-friendly / sustainable goods; limited number of stalls.
- Have a special Great Big Green Week discount on sustainable items that your shop sells to encourage more people to use them.
- Theme your shop or business windows especially for the Great Big Green Week!
- Something else? We’re open to ideas, no matter how wacky! Give us a call and share your idea, whatever it may be.
- Be a SUPPORTER – If you can’t be involved with an event, why not agree to be a supporter of the St Davids Peninsula Great Big Green Week by agreeing to help promote the week via social media, putting up posters and generally spreading the word.
We hope that you will want to be involved as ideally a PARTNER but alternatively a SUPPORTER and please do get in contact with us to discuss this more, brainstorm some possible events or just chat more about the week. You can email Jeremy at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call or to meet up.
We are seeing the impacts of extreme weather events caused by climate change on the people and places we love both here in the UK and abroad. The time is now to do everything we can to protect them. Climate change is the fight of our lifetime and we need to let our leaders know that we expect more to be done.
This year, we in the UK have a huge opportunity to raise the ambition of plans to tackle climate change. The UK is hosting a major UN climate summit, known as COP26, in Glasgow this November. This means parliament and local authorities alike want to be seen as ambitious in tackling climate change. The Time is Now for a Great Big Green Week that sets the stage for the most ambitious climate summit ever and we believe that St Davids Peninsula should be involved.
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
More info coming soon
More info coming soon