Join us for a week of activities, talks and events as we celebrate with communities across the country for The Great Big Green Week. Organised by The Climate Coalition and led in Wales by Climate Cymru, it will be the biggest event for climate and nature ever in the UK, and everyone’s invited! St Davids Peninsula Great Big Green Week is our local celebration, coordinated by EcoDewi and involving a range of local organisations and businesses, so do get involved!
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
Check out all the events below and click on the event to find out more information. More events will be released once confirmed. Please note that some events have limited availability or attendance, so require booking, and some events have a cost. If in doubt please contact the organiser of the specific event with questions and all events are subject to change at the last minute.
Saturday 18th September 2021
Sunday 19th September 2021
Monday 20th September 2021
Tuesday 21st September 2021
Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Thursday 23rd September 2021
Friday 24th September 2021
Saturday 25th September 2021
Sunday 26th September 2021
We are seeing the impacts of extreme weather events caused by climate change on the people and places we love both here in the UK and abroad. The time is now to do everything we can to protect them. Climate change is the fight of our lifetime and we need to let our leaders know that we expect more to be done.
This year, we in the UK have a huge opportunity to raise the ambition of plans to tackle climate change. The UK is hosting a major UN climate summit, known as COP26, in Glasgow this November. This means parliament and local authorities alike want to be seen as ambitious in tackling climate change. The Time is Now for a Great Big Green Week that sets the stage for the most ambitious climate summit ever and we believe that St Davids Peninsula should be involved.
Climate.Cymru are asking individuals, groups, schools, businesses and other organisations to sign up to their campaign and specifically to “Add your voice”. Check out the video further below and follow the links to add your voice and let our leaders know you care.
WANT TO HELP?
We would like to offer locals & visitors a week full of activities and events to highlight all the great stuff happening locally and also reach as many people as possible to seek their support tackling climate change. We would love your organisation to be involved and below are a few ideas of how you may be able to help:
- Be a PARTNER – Be a St Davids Peninsula Great Big Green Week partner by:
- Organising an event or activity during the week that we include in our programme of events; see list of ideas further below. It might be something already planned and an existing activity or it could be a special new one-off event.
- Giving a talk/presentation or leading a discussion at one of our events about your organisation, one of your projects, local issue or about climate action. We hope to have a couple of talks events with a range of speakers.
- Joining a the “EcoDewi takeover” pop-up market with a stand or stall promoting your environmental work or selling eco-friendly / sustainable goods; limited number of stalls.
- Have a special Great Big Green Week discount on sustainable items that your shop sells to encourage more people to use them.
- Theme your shop or business windows especially for the Great Big Green Week!
- Something else? We’re open to ideas, no matter how wacky! Give us a call and share your idea, whatever it may be.
- Be a SUPPORTER – If you can’t be involved with an event, why not agree to be a supporter of the St Davids Peninsula Great Big Green Week by agreeing to help promote the week via social media, putting up posters and generally spreading the word.
We hope that you will want to be involved as ideally a PARTNER but alternatively a SUPPORTER and please do get in contact with us to discuss this more, brainstorm some possible events or just chat more about the week. You can email Jeremy at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call or to meet up.